Product EngineerJob SummaryTexmo Precision Castings is looking for Product Engineer to join our team. We are looking for recent graduates with a BS in Mechanical Engineering (or similar degree) and 0-3+ years of experience. This position provides an opportunity for a wide range of exposure with responsibilities in design, project management, customer communication, vendor development, and more – providing excellent exposure to several important skill sets. Responsibilities include design for manufacture optimization of products, gating and runner design, fixture design, gage design, tool design, and initial process setup.The Product Engineer will be supported by the Engineering Manager at our Warsaw location with further support from our global network of engineers and world class technical consultants. Our Product Engineers work closely with sales and are the driving force behind our aggressive growth plans. You will also work with representatives from Quality, Process Engineering, Sales, Industrial Engineering, Production Team members, and shop floor workers to achieve your goals; as such, excellent interpersonal skills are required.
· Responsibilitieso Optimizing customer product designs for manufactureo Tool designo Fixture designo Gage designo Runner/gate designo Process simulation for design optimizationo Project manage new product development from quoting to production handovero Design for additive manufacturing processes on rapid prototypeso Work directly with customers’ engineering teams in new product developmento Prepare technical costing on request for quoteso Perform metrology in development and FAI/PPAP stages (including 3D scanning)o Preparation of FAI/PPAP documentation
· Requirementso Must be authorized for full time employment in the USo Great technical skillso Creative thinking for design optimizationo Excellent intrapersonal skillso BS in Mechanical Engineeringo Highly experienced in 3D modeling software (Solidworks preferred)o Interested in design, metrology, simulation, and product developmento Ability interpret engineering drawings and GD&To Ability to manage multiple projects at onceo Ability to perform under pressure and deliver on strict timelines
- A career ladder system, which defines the career progression path for employees based on their skills, experience, and length of service
- Integrated career progression framework with other processes in the organization as performance reviews, goals and OKRs, and promotion management.
- Internal Hiring – Advertising posts and promotion opportunities within the organization
- Providing employee development that readies workers for progression, such as training, coaching, mentoring, or involvement in special projects
- Regular Training Opportunities to develop skills at all levels
- Mentoring and Coaching schemes that give the individual’s the attention they need
Researching our company will help you in your application and in subsequent rounds of interviews too. Find out about us and follow us on social media to know more about our company culture and values. It would be helpful for you to visit our website and know more about our products, people & processes. This will help you decide if a career with us is right for you, and ensure that you send in your application with relevant and correct information.
Complete the application
Every job has a specific set of requirements. In order to boost your chances of being hired, please send in a complete application with all supporting documents and information that is needed by our team. It is good to be accurate, truthful, and correct in your application. We would recommend that you review your application before sending it to us, and focus on quality of content rather than quantity of information.
Referrals and references help boost job applications. Getting someone to write a testimonial or recommendation for you can certainly strengthen your prospects. Please be sure to include all contact details of the person who is referring you to us. We may contact the person to find out more about you, so making it a professional and honest referral will help you.
Follow the instructions
This is the biggest application tip that we can give you: read the instructions thoroughly before you send the application over to us. Following the instructions correctly & fully will ensure that your resume goes through the hiring process smoothly and gets processed by the right person at the right time. It will increase your chance of being called for an interview and getting hired.
Send in your resume with all the information required. We usually take 10 working days to look over the applications and arrive at a decision – we promise to let you know either way. If your resume is cleared, you move to the next stage in the recruitment process.
This can take place via a video call or a phone call, or even a direct meeting. This preliminary meeting gives us the chance to get to know you more and to clear you for the next round of assessment.
In this round, you will go through a technical or a functional assessment depending on the role that you have applied for. There is also a DiSC assessment round for candidates who apply to us for key roles.
If you have made it this far then you get to meet the team leaders or top management of our company – depending on the job that you have applied for. The final interview helps us understand you even more before we hire you for the job.